Zonta Club of Canberra Inc
Located Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Meets 1st Wednesday for dinner
Members Most of us range in age from 40-ish upwards – some of us retired but many of us still busy in the workforce such as women who work as a marriage celebrant, in the gaming industry, as a chiropractor, as IT professionals, as a solicitor, and in the public service.
Upcoming Events-click on event for more details
Autumn High Tea -24rd March 2013
About Zonta Club of Canberra
Here in the Nation’s capital we are supporting women through a variety of ongoing projects. Our major project in recent years was supporting Louisa Women’s Refuge in Queanbeyan, by both fundraising for needs nominated by the refuge and providing practical support such as the supply of toiletries.
In addition to our donation of Christmas hampers to assist women and families in need in the ACT, these projects involve advancing the status of women in terms of:
- Health, through the Zonta Breast Care Cushion project. This involves the making of the cushions for women and men from the Canberra district who are recovering from breast cancer surgery.
- Education, through making scholarship awards to women in tertiary education in non-traditional fields at the Canberra Institute of Technology and the University of Canberra.
- Health, through assembling Zonta Birthing Kits to assist improve the childbirth outcomes for women in developing countries.
How can you help ?
Let us count the ways! You can help us by:
- supporting our fundraising events,
- contributing prizes for our fundraising raffles, or
- making donations to support any of our projects.
And of course, ideas are always particularly welcome. Perhaps you have an idea for a project or an award that we could make? Drop us an email and let us know what needs you see in our community
Photos of Our Club in Action
Click on each image for more information