Zonta Club of Coffs Harbour Inc
Located on the north coast of New South Wales
Meets 3rd Wednesday for dinner
Members of the Club are an enthusiastic group who are committed to common goals, and who embrace professions such as restauranteur, orchardist, administrator, librarian, teacher, physical therapist and community support worker.
The Club in action
The objectives that we share include:
- Make a difference to women within local and international communities.
- Experience fellowship with like-minded people.
- Share your ideas and skills in a supportive environment.
- Make a commitment to providing service for fund raising, supporting local and global projects.
- Enrich your life by sharing your talents for the good of all.
We have a terrific variety of activities by which we advance the status of women:
- Professional & economic status of women by improving opportunities and choices in working life – for example, we assist with scholarships for young women – these great young women are recent Year 10 participants in our program. Similarly, for women of all ages and all those interested we organize the Coffs Harbour International Women’s Day Breakfast, with prominent speakers.
- Legal status of women, especially regarding the implications of domestic violence – we contribute funding and participate in decision-making for project development with a multi-agency Domestic Violence Committee.
- Health/wellbeing status of women – support the needs of Warrina Women’s Refuge, support the Breast Cancer Care Service, support Coffs Harbour Women’s Health Centre projects, such as Headspace. We also participate in the District 24 Endorsed Project on Birthing Kits for developing countries.