Zonta Club of Sydney Inc Chartered 1966
Located Sydney’s central business district
Meets 3rd Wednesday for dinner
Events See events
THE CLUB IN ACTION
We get together for dinner meetings with interesting and thought provoking speakers.
We celebrate the achievements of women and advance the educational and professional status of women by funding a number of awards and scholarships.
We raise money for local and international service projects. We work with other groups of common concern such as violence against women, breast cancer support and other current women’s issues.
Our Club provides support to women in further education through:
- An award to assist a student in Nursing and Midwifery and International studies at the University of Technology Sydney
- An award to an outstanding woman completing her MBA at the University of Technology Sydney
- A scholarship to help a student complete her studies in a non-traditional women’s discipline at Women’s College, Sydney University
Local Service Projects
- We fund the materials for specially shaped breast care cushions to help women recovering from breast surgery. The Northside Wellness Group of the Older Women’s Network sew these cushions on our behalf
- We collect toiletries and buy new knickers to make welcome packs for women when they arrive at a women’s refuge.
- We provide handbags and jewellery for women who have been trafficked into Sydney.
- We advocate on behalf of women in prison in NSW.
International Service Projects
We provide funds through the Zonta International Foundation to support the international programs
- Elimination of obstetric fistula in Liberia
- Towards an HIV-free generation in Rwanda
- Gender responsive schools in Vietnam;
- Delaying early marriage in Niger
- Voices Against Violence in 12 countries
Would you like to know more
Send us an email: to find out more about our upcoming functions, membership; to find out about one of our projects or propose a new one; if you would like to reveive a Zonta Breast Care Cushion to assist recovery from breast surgery; or to find out out about eligibility for one of our prizes (best woman MBA student at UTS, international travel related to nursing at UTS, or scholarship for an engineering student at the Women’s College at Sydney University).
You don’t need to be a member of a Zonta club to contribute to Zonta’s efforts to improve the lives of women and girls. Service projects always need money – your donation to Zonta’s work in general or to a specified local or internal project is welcomed.