Zonta Club of Berry Inc Chartered 2001
Located on the beautiful south coast of New South Wales
Meets 4th Tue for dinner
Events Look for ZCBerry in Events
THE CLUB IN ACTION
Our major service activities include:
- maintaining existing support for the local women’s refuge;
- making breast cushions and drainage bag holders and donating these to local hospitals to assist patients who have recently undergone breast surgery – in the first 10 years, the Club has made over 750 breast cushions and delivered them locally and overseas on request;
- continuing to provide annual awards and sponsorships to students from four local high schools, by offering them support to help with their studies and related activities;
- responding to various community requests for assistance through sponsorship and mentoring (including Shoalhaven Women’s Health Centre and TAFE Scholarships for women;
- donating to organisations that assist women including supporting the reduction of Obstetric Fistula; and
- assembling 6,000 birthing kits to enable women in third world countries to experience safe, clean childbirth
Fundraising is an important part of the Club’s activities – we work very hard we also have lots of fun! This year we raised funds from the following activities: – Raffles – Trivia Night – Pre-loved clothing sales – Cupcake and other produce stalls.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE
We welcome enquiries, and visitors are most welcome to our dinner meetings. Please drop us an email to find out more details
You don’t need to be a member of a Zonta club to contribute to Zonta’s efforts to improve the lives of women and girls. Service projects always need money – your donation to Zonta’s work in general or to a specified local or internal project is welcomed.