Zonta Club of Blue Mountains Inc
Chartered 24 August 2000
Located In the Blue Mountains of New South Wales
Meets 6:30 every first Monday of the month alternately at Wentworth Falls and Warrimoo
The club in action
We build awareness for Zonta’s Mission and Vision within the club and the community through:
- Participation in International Women’s Day
- Activities to build awareness of Domestic Violence issues throughout the 16 Days of Activism
- Participation in local community events
- Engaging and educational speakers at our meetings
- Incorporating awareness campaigns, and engaging the community in our fundraising and service events.
We have a strong suite of fundraising events that continue to grow and enable us to provide essential services in the community such as:
- Assembling Zonta Birthing Kits which save the lives of mothers and their babies in developing countries
- Sewing Breast Care Cushions to aid recovery after breast surgery
- Toiletries Bags for the local women’s refuge
- Educational Awards for women in Blue Mountains TAFE and girls in our local high schools
Our membership is drawn from a wide area of the Blue Mountains, and a wide range of experience. We enjoy our monthly social gathering prior to our general meeting, plus the opportunities we have to work together in our campaigns, events and service delivery.
Would you like to know more?
You are most welcome to attend a meeting or event. This is a great way to find out more about Zonta (locally and internationally). Email us at the above email address or message us via our Facebook page for details of upcoming meetings or functions. One of our members will be on hand to meet you and introduce you around.
How can you help?
Let us count the ways! You can help us by:
- supporting our fundraising events,
- contributing prizes for our fundraising raffles, or
- making donations to support any of our projects.
And of course, ideas are always particularly welcome. Perhaps you have an idea for a project or an award that we could make? Drop us an email and let us know what needs you see in our community