Zonta Club of Canberra Inc Chartered 1969
Located Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Meets 1st Wednesday for dinner
Events See events
THE CLUB IN ACTION
Here in the nation’s capital we are supporting women through a variety of ongoing projects. Our major focus in recent years has been supporting key YWCA Women’s projects “She Leads” and “Great Ydeas”. This year we will be investigating options for improving the lives of homeless women in Canberra.
We will continue to support our ongoing projects:
- Donations of toiletries to local refuges;
- The Zonta Breast Care Cushion project. This involves the making of cushions for women and men who are recovering from breast cancer surgery;
- Assembly of Zonta Birthing Kits to assist in improving the childbirth outcomes for women in developing countries.
We have regular guest speakers at our club meetings. Go to Events and look for ZC Canberra to find out what’s scheduled for meetings (and other club events).
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE
You are most welcome to attend a meeting or event. This is a great way to find out more about Zonta (locally and internationally). Email us at the above email address or message us via our Facebook page for details of upcoming meetings and/or functions. One of our members will be on hand to meet you and introduce you around.
How can you help ?
Let us count the ways! You can help us by:
- supporting our fundraising events,
- contributing prizes for our fundraising raffles, or
- making donations to support any of our projects.
And of course, ideas are always particularly welcome. Perhaps you have an idea for a project or an award that we could make? Drop us an email and let us know what needs you see in our community