Zonta Club of Wollongong Inc Chartered 1978
Address P.O Box 115 Kieraville NSW 2500
Located Wollongong is a seaside city, 82 km south of Sydney.
Meets in Wollongong CBD. 3rd Tuesday of each month (visitors welcome)
THE CLUB IN ACTION
We have proudly given our time, talents and energy to the community since our charter date, raising funds, providing scholarships, and supporting projects assisting women.
- Fundraising for our annual scholarship for 2 women attending the University of Wollongong.
- Young woman in public affairs award function. This community participation award is available to years 11 and 12 girls from participating schools. The winner is entered in the District 24 Zonta International Young Women in Public Affairs award.
- We have established a Z Club for students at St. Mary’s Star of the Sea College.
- A Birthing Kit Assembly Day is held every year.
- Support for local Women and Children’s Refuges
- We offer an annual award to an Indigenous female student in year 10.
- We hold events as part of the Say No to Violence Campaign, such as cinema advertising, library displays and we involve students from the Z Club.
• Fundraisers include high teas, fashion parades, dinners with guest speakers, sausage sizzles, award lunches, fellowship activities.
• Guest speakers are included in the program at most monthly meetings.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE
A great way to find out about ZONTA and our club is to attend a meeting or event. Email your name and address to be added to the club’s event and meeting invitation lists.
Attend a meeting or event. This is a good way to find out more about Zonta (locally and internationally). Email your name and email address to be added to the club’s meeting and event invitation email lists. Prospective members are encouraged to attend at least two meetings/other events before submitting an application to join.
If you would like to support ZONTA projects but are restricted by time, why not make a donation and contribute to Zonta’s efforts to improve the lives of women and girls.