Zonta Club of Hunter Newcastle Inc Chartered 2014
Address P.O Box 153 Swansea NSW 2281
Located encompassing the steel city of Newcastle, scenic Lake Macquarie, the historic Hunter Valley and picturesque Port Stephens
Meets 2nd Tuesday for dinner 6pm
THE CLUB IN ACTION
Our focus is helping to empower women locally and internationally through the Zonta goals of Advocacy and Service. We celebrate the achievements of young women with University, TAFE scholarships and high school awards as well as contributing to the community by supporting victims of domestic violence.
Our major activities include:
- Supporting local women’s refuges through regular donations of much needed household and school items.
- Assembling birthing kits to enable women in developing countries to experience safe, clean home births.
- Providing breast care cushions for our local community.
- Supporting, through a variety of community projects, the Zonta Says NO campaign held during the 16 days of activism against gender violence.
- Fundraising through a wide variety of initiatives that also serve to raise awareness of Zonta in our local community. These include :
- Fabulously successful movie nights
- Luscious high teas
- Regular raffles
- Elegant fashion parades.
- Providing annual awards to support ongoing education:
- The Zonta Award for Young Women in Public Affairs, encouraging young women to enter public affairs and policy-making fields.
- The Zonta Achievement Award for a Young Indigenous Woman, recognising leadership and service.
- TAFE scholarships for local women studying in the areas of child care studies and aged care.
- University scholarship for women studying midwifery.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE
Interested in joining our dynamic and diverse group of professional women? We welcome enquiries and visitors to our meetings; hear from our members about why we are passionate about putting into practice the Zonta ideals of community service and empowering women. Please contact us to find out how you can be part of our enthusiastic and productive club.
You don’t need to be a member of a Zonta club to contribute to Zonta’s efforts to improve the lives of women and girls. Service projects always need money – your donation to Zonta’s work in general or to a specified local or internal project is welcomed.