Zonta Club of Tamworth Inc Chartered 1977
Located in Tamworth, the home of country music, inland in northern NSW
Meets 2nd Wednesday for dinner
THE CLUB IN ACTION
Advancing the education health of women
- Making breast cushions for women recovering from mastectomies at our two local hospitals.
- Each year provide a hamper for women and children escaping domestic violence, who will be at the refuge over the Christmas period.
Advancing the education and professional status of women
- Sponsoring International Women’s Day Awards in Tamworth: 2017 Awards Criteria, 2017 Nomination Form to be announced at this event
- Provide annual scholarships for regional nurses doing post graduate midwifery studies.
- Celebrate literacy day by donating books to a local school especially for children with a disability.
- Provide an annual award for Young Women in Public Affairs encouraging them to enter public affairs and policy-making fields.
- Provide an annual prize at 4 schools to acknowledge a girl who has excelled in community work.
- Last year held a fund raising High Tea at Tamworth Railway Station. Lots of fun and everyone “dressed” for the occasion.
- Have provided financial assistance to a local HSC girl to attend a Science Seminar in South Africa.
- Hosted a “Women in the Community” dinner in celebration of the work that women do within the community.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE
Attend a meeting or event. This is a good way to find out more about Zonta (locally and internationally). Email your name and email address to be added to the club’s meeting and event invitation email lists. Prospective members are encouraged to attend at least two meetings/other events before submitting an application to join.
You don’t need to be a member of a Zonta club to contribute to Zonta’s efforts to improve the lives of women and girls. Service projects always need money – your donation to Zonta’s work in general or to a specified local or internal project is welcomed.