Zonta Club of Sydney Hills Inc Chartered 1979
Address P.O Box 1031 Castle Hill NSW 1745
Located Sydney’s western and north-western suburbs
Meets 3rd Monday for dinner in Castle Hill
The Club in action
We build awareness for Zonta’s Mission and Vision within the club and the community through:
- Participation in International Women’s Day
- Activities to build awareness of Domestic Violence issues throughout the 16 Days of Activism
- Participation in local community events
- Engaging and educational speakers at our meetings
- Incorporating awareness campaigns, and engaging the community in our fundraising and service events.
We have a strong suite of service events that continue to grow and enable us to provide essential services in the community. These include;
- Birthing kit assembly days
- Fundraising initiatives for award programs
- Donations to local women groups and refugees
- Participation in Zonta International and District award programs
Dolls for Domestic Violence Awareness
In collaboration with the project partners – Zonta Club of Sydney Hills Inc, staff and students at TAFE and the Hills Domestic Violence Prevention Committee, the project developed an imaginative and innovative installation using Barbie-type dolls and/or their photographs. This was initially displayed, for one week starting on White Ribbon Day, outside Aldi at Castle Towers Shopping Centre. (After this it was made available for use with other Zonta projects, other organizations, schools etc).
This display is now available to other clubs to use dependent on conditions accompanying this document. All enquiries for hire should be directed to the Hire agreement.
Our membership is drawn from a wide area of the Sydney Hills area, and a wide range of experience. We enjoy our monthly social gathering prior to our general meeting, plus the opportunities we have to work together in our campaigns, events and service delivery.
wOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
Email your name and email address to be added to the club’s meeting and event invitation email lists. Prospective members are encouraged to attend at least two meetings/other events before submitting an application to join.