Zonta Club of Sydney West Inc Chartered 1980
Located Sydney’s western and south-western suburbs
Meets 4th Tuesday for dinner at Bankstown Sports, Mona St., Bankstown
THE CLUB IN ACTION
Some of the projects of the Zonta Club of Sydney West include actions to advance:
The empowerment of women through service and advocacy –
- recognising the achievements of exceptional women and girls in our local community; recognising the cultural diversity in our community and engaging with local high schools to further empower young women to pursue their life goals with Conviction, Commitment and Courage.
- working to eradicate domestic violence by promoting White Ribbon Day, International Women’s Day and by supporting women and their children who are affected by domestic violence.
- supporting womens’ health by making and supplying breast cushions to 5 local hospitals to be distributed to women undergoing surgery for breast cancer.
- assembling birthing kits for distribution to developing countries to reduce the incidence of maternal and infant mortality supports the health of women on an international basis.
- raising awareness of the needs of refugee women and supporting girls in the Juvenile Justice system; advocating for public acknowledgement of the Zonta Says NO campaign against domestic violence
Fundraising activities support our local organisations that support women as well as contributing to Zonta International Service projects
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE
Email your name and email address to be contacted by a club officer. Prospective members are encouraged to attend at least two meetings/other events before submitting an application to join.
Be part of our club:
- Make a difference to other women
- Share friendship with ‘like-minded’ women to support common goals that will empower women
- Develop leadership potential through by being a Board member or leading a project
- Network with other professional and executive women
- Be part of an international organisation with a proven track record of achievement and
- Have contacts with Zonta members in over 70 countries.