Zonta Club of Macarthur Inc Chartered 1993
Address P.O Box 128 Ingleburn NSW 1890
Located in the historic south west of Sydney
Meets 4th Wednesday for dinner
THE CLUB IN ACTION
Our members proudly dedicate their time to supporting women by raising funds for local, national and international projects. Examples of our work include:
- Birthing Kits – we fundraise to purchase the kits then hold an event with our local community supporters to assemble them.
- Breast Care Cushions – working in conjunction with Macquarie Fields Tafe, we fundraise to obtain funds to create and send special breast care cushions to women who have undergone surgery for breast cancer. Cushions are distributed to both local and NSW hospitals and treatment centres.
- We fundraise for our annual education scholarships – Jane M Klausman Women in Business Award, Young Indigenous Woman Award and TAFE awards and hold a special awards evening each September.
- We suupport a local women’s refuge by providing items to assist women who are establishing a new home after experiencing domestic violence.
- We hold annual events to commemorate the ‘Say No to Domestic Violence’ Campaign and work with other local organisations on specific projects (library displays).
- We actively participate in local community events (Ingleburn Alive) and various White Ribbon projects.
- We liaise and advise on the local Domestic Violence Committee and provide information and resources to those in need.
Fundraisers include Bunnings BBQ’s, raffles, dinners with guest speakers and fellowship activities.
A relevant guest speaker is included in our programs bi-monthly and local community members are invited to join us.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE
You are most welcome to attend a meeting or event. This is a great way to find out more about Zonta (locally and internationally). Email us at the above email address or message us via our Facebook page for details of upcoming meetings and/or functions. Prospective members are encouraged to attend a meeting or two before submitting their application.
You can help support the Zonta Club of Macarthur by attending our fundraising events, helping out at our Birthing Kit Workshop, contributing a prize for one of our fundraising raffles or making a donation. Please contact us for more information.