Zonta International has developed the following awards as a strategy to achieve its mission of improving the status of women worldwide. They are
- Ameilia Earhart Fellowship Program
- Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship
- Young Woman in Public Affairs
Find out more about these Award Programs on the Zonta International website.
DISTRICT 24 AWARDS
District 24 and its clubs participate in the Zonta International awards programs. Click here to see recent District winners of the
To complement the Young Women in Public Affairs awards, D24 also annually awards a D24 Achievement Award for a Young Indigenous Woman. This award is for a young Indigenous woman in year 12 who has made a marked contribution to the life of her school community through one or more of: her service, leadership, initiative, and/or determination to successfully complete her secondary education. Click on the above link for details on how to apply for the awards and past winners.
From time to time, District 24 also confers the award of D24 Honorary Member on individuals who, over an extended period, have demonstrated a substantial contribution to advancing the status of women through community service and/or their personal endeavours. Cick on the above link for information on past recipients.
Each club also has its own awards programs oriented to the needs of its own local communities. Typical awards include:
- awards to women in TAFE or local universities, made on advice from faculty, commonly to support educational attainment by encouraging women returning to the workforce or overcoming obstacles to work and study
- awards to support and encourage women who are venturing into non-traditional areas for women e.g. engineering or technical trades
- awards in maths and science – usually book prizes or certificates to encourage girls in upper primary or secondary school – often for a “most improved”, rather than high achievement per se
- women of achievement – typically recognising quiet achievement or contributions to the community, or excellence in a field.